Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Visual Record

A couple weeks ago, we received a fun package in the mail. It was a growth chart from Paper Coterie. Normally I wouldn't buy something like this because I could make my own version for quite a bit cheaper, but they were giving customers a $30 credit, so I only had to pay the shipping. I always intended to make a growth chart because I loved looking at the one we had growing up, but who knows when I would have gotten around to making one. So when I saw this deal, I decided to go for it.

We finally put it up today. (See? If it took me two weeks to just put one up, how long would it have taken me to make one? I probably wouldn't have even bothered until we had our own home.)

It's printed on a canvas-like cloth, and the back has an adhesive that is supposed to allow you to remove and re-stick the chart wherever and whenever. I thought that was pretty cool.

Ethan thought the chart was pretty cool too. He had fun pointing at the various pictures and making noise on the canvas with his fingernails. This will be a good tool for learning/practicing letters.


The website said to put a picture of your child at the top and his/her name above that, but we wanted to use it for all our future kids as well, so we put in the picture of a fox that Terral made for the crib set and wrote "Little Foxes" at the top. (Sorry for the blurry picture. I didn't realize it turned out that way, or I would have retaken it.)

It's one thing to have your children's height recorded from well-checks, but it's another to have them all in a place you can see the difference.  I always thought it was so interesting to compare my height with my siblings' when they were my age.

What about you? Did you have a growth chart when you were growing up? Was it part of your birthday celebration? Is it something you plan to (or already) incorporate in your own family?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)