Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Summer Longing

Lately the weather has been doing its Spring Thang, flipping back and forth in a bi-polar way between almost summer and chilly/wintry. I decided to go on a walk with Ethan yesterday in spite of the leanings toward chilly. Ethan loves being outside no matter the weather. I love being outside too, but I love it even more when it's warm and sunny.

It did my heart good to see the buds on the bushes and trees. Some are already putting forth leaves and flowers. I am eager for summer, so any sign that it is really on its way is welcome.

While we were out, we stopped by my visiting teaching partner's house to pick up our new assignment. She told me that she and a couple other young mothers had signed up for a Mom and Tot swim class and invited Ethan and me to join them. I just might because Ethan absolutely loves playing in the water, and I'm rather curious about the new aquatic center. But then again, is it worth the money? I'm leaning toward doing it because we're hoping to go to Lake Powell in August, and anything he and I learn would be helpful.

Ethan and I also stopped and played near some pine trees on our walk. I just love how sticks, pinecones, and rocks can be so entertaining. I'm excited to take our little guy camping now that he can participate a little more in our outdoor explorations.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)