Friday, March 2, 2012

Highlights

I gave myself a haircut this morning. I'd been wanting to for quite a while, but didn't think I could make the time for a few more days. But we were all up by 6:30 thanks to the little guy, so I took advantage of the hour I had before M showed up. It turned out pretty well, but a bit shorter than I was intending. Isn't that just the way haircuts go, though? No pictures yet, but I'll get 'em on here eventually.

Another unexpected bonus of the day was that my voice came back! Not full strength, of course, but way better than it was before. It was a lot harder to remember to rest my voice. I couldn't resist calling my parents, since talking on the phone was now possible. It felt really good to talk to them.

This afternoon, I watched M again. (I usually just have him in the mornings.) Ethan was being really cute with him. It's been fun to see Ethan become more interested in him. He used to just want to play with M's stuff. He was fascinated with the binky. But he has learned that taking the binky is not okay, and now he'll even put it in M's mouth if it falls out. He's learned to be soft, and will go up and stroke M's head. And when M came for the afternoon today, Ethan kept going up to him to give him hugs. So cute! I'm really glad he's learning this now.

And here's Ethan after M left. This is his current favorite perch. He's very into climbing things, and he's very into "outside". This kind of combines both, so he loves being up there. It felt like he spent half the day on the window sill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)