Saturday, March 17, 2012

Family Bandwagon

We took advantage of my sister's plans today, and went down to St. George for a temple trip. Mom and Dad were going down to watch Diane's kids and then they planned to meet up with my brother Matt and his girlfriend who were down there for spring break. Mom offered to watch Ethan for us too, and we thought that it was all to good to pass up. Then Dad sweetened the deal and offered to pick us up on the way so we didn't even have to drive. My parents are so nice. :)

We met the Downwards at a dinosaur place since that's where the kids were going to hang out. Since we got there before them, I got to take a few pictures before we headed to the temple.

There was a fun little sand pile just outside that Ethan and grandma played in.

 I made sure to get a picture of my parents since I was so lax last time we were with them. Aren't they a cute couple?
 And here they are with their charges for the morning.
 I gave mom my camera and asked her to take some pictures while we were gone.
 Apparently the sand pile was pretty memorable. That was the first thing Ryan told his mom that they did. :)

 They also went to a park. Ethan really loves playing in parks. :) This picture makes me laugh because of the way Lucas is flying through the air.

We had a really time at the temple. It was the first time in a long time that Terral and I had done a session, since it usually works out better for us to do sealings for one reason or another. It was a BIG session. So many people! It was neat to see them all dressed in white, mingling in the Celestial Room.

When we got out, everyone was pretty hungry. We picked up Matt and Karalee and then met Mom and Dad and the kids at the Mongolian Barbecue. I think everyone enjoyed their lunch except Dad. He didn't care for it at all. The waitress kept asking us what the big occasion was for us all to get together. It did seem like a pretty big party in that little restaurant. ;) I think it's fun that we find opportunities to get together without a "reason".

After lunch, Dad drove us back to Cedar and he and Mom spent some time helping us out. We really enjoyed having the extra time to visit with them. Thank you, Mom and Dad! And thank you, Downwards for letting us jump on your bandwagon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)