Sunday, March 18, 2012

Stake Conference, Shawarma, & and Screwdrivers

We had Stake Conference this morning. Heavenly Father blessed me with the ability to sing well with the choir. Ever since I lost my voice, I've had a bit of a tough time with one of the songs, but today I didn't have a problem, which was wonderful! Even so, I decided not to go to stake choir practice this evening because my voice was just a bit gravelly afterward and I either have allergies or a sinus infection.

I really enjoyed Stake Conference. The talks last night were really good too, and Terral and I found a number of things applicable to us and our current situation.

When we got home we all took a much needed nap. It ended up being longer than we anticipated, so we (actually pretty much just Terral since I was busy tackling our mountain of dishes and watching Ethan) got to work on dinner right away. It was a fabulous dinner! It was venison shawarma with practically everything home-made, including the pita bread and tahini. (In case you didn't know, Terral is pretty much the pita bread king.) We decided it was too good of a meal to not share, so Terral invited his sister Erin over.

After dinner Terral brought out Erin's snowboard to switch the bindings back so she could take it home. Ethan was so fascinated with what Terral was doing, and he of course wanted to try out the screwdriver himself. It was a philips, and I was impressed that he actually got it in the screw heads! It entertained him for quite a while. He is one persistent little dude sometimes.



He loves having company over, and he was giving Erin lots of loves. They were having lots of fun with hair. :) I have a cute video of them playing, but blogger is apparently anti-video tonight.

Oh, and the other really great thing about today was that I got to have a nice long chat with my mission bud Erika, who has the best кишки in the world! ;) We went camping together last fall and had a blast (still need to backlog about that. . . ) and we are hoping to go again sometime this summer.

So if you can't tell, we had a really nice day. I like nice days, don't you? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)