Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sunday Potty Progress

After having an absolutely awesome potty day yesterday, this morning Ethan had a rather inauspicious start. He did well going first thing, but then pooped on my bedroom carpet. Oi. And then after breakfast he peed on the couch. 

But then he did really awesome at church, even though he was wearing a diaper! He told us twice that he needed to go during sacrament meeting, and was successful both times. The nursery has a little kid-sized bathroom, so we took him there. He even went during nursery time when we weren't with him. 

We're really proud of him. He's doing so well! Accidents are becoming less frequent, and he's even had a couple days accident-free. But since he's still rather young, I wonder how long it will be before he's really independent in all of this. I also wonder if he'll have a regression when the baby's born as I've heard so many other kids do. But in the mean time, he's just doing great and I'm loving not having to take care of so many diapers.

After church, Terral went to go pick up Ethan while I talked with my visiting teaching partner, and I met them in the hall afterward. Terral had seen a friend of his from another ward who had a little girl just older than Ethan, and I found them being all chummy leaning up against the wall next to each other. I just can't even tell you how cute those two little kids were with each other! It was adorable, and I really wished I had a camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)