Monday, September 24, 2012

Coop, Tree, and Baby Progress

We were gone over the weekend, and I'll tell you more about that later, but first here are the promised coop pictures.

On the back of our garage, there is a separate room that looks like it was once a trailer or something. On one side of the room they had stinky carpet and a structure they built for their dogs. Here it is after Terral cleaned out a bunch of the junk and tore up some of the carpet.
He took of the big board here which left an L shaped counter, which is where we plan to put some nesting boxes.
 Then he used that board to make a partition since we didn't want to use the whole room as a coop. You can aslo see the beginning of the door he put in too.
 And here's a shot I took tonight from the other side. We wired the chicken wire together after I took this picture.

I took Ethan inside to get him ready for bed after this, but Terral stayed out and worked for a little while so there will be more progress to show you soon. 

And here's a little something I worked on today. I've decided that even if things aren't necessarily on the priority list, if I feel like working on it I will. I think that's going to help me get a lot more done and feel better too. Anyway, I've been itching to trim off dead branches for quite some time, so I tackled it today even though normally I would have told myself I had to get the dishes done first. Apparently peach wood is pretty dense, so I it was rather difficult for me to saw this big(gish) branch off. I was rather proud of myself, so I had Terral take a picture. I trimmed quite a few more branches after that, but I ran out of time before I could finish the job. Oh, and I should also mention that Terral used the big branch as a roosting pole in the coop. 
 I also had Terral take a picture of my now-visible baby bump. Only it doesn't look like much of one in the picture. I was trying not to stick my belly out more than it does naturally, and I think I maybe sucked it in on accident. In any case, the child is growing, whether other people can tell or not!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)