Monday, October 1, 2012

The Pit Started It

My big project for the day was breaking down twiggy branches so we can use them in our fire pit. While I was at the RS broadcast on Saturday, Terral built a fire pit because he's been wanting one for a long time. So we knew just what we wanted to do with the dead branches I've been trimming away, but   I needed to make them a little more useable first. I got all but the biggest branches done today. It was nice spending more time outside, and I think Ethan really enjoyed that too.

We're going to use the fire pit as part of our cub scout activity this week. Wish us luck! Honestly, I've had a really hard time accepting that this calling is where I'm supposed to be. I like being with the boys and feel fine when we're doing something with them, but in all the in-between times I have so many mixed emotions about it. I don't quite understand the church/scout relationship. So wish me luck!

In other news, the chickens continue to warm up to us, and we're really enjoying having them. Every time I walked by them today with branches, they gathered hopefully by the fence. Terral has told me that he likes them even more than he thought they would. They kind of fulfill the needs that pets do for him, which I think is great.

Here's a picture and video of Ethan playing with them last week.



PS How the heck is it October already?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)