Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Baseball and Other Things

I struggled this morning. The little boy I watch just didn't want to be here (again) and cried and cried. He had some good times eventually, but it just wears on me. And then Ethan had several accidents on the carpet. Yes, we're potty training again. And I could just feel my patience wearing more and more thin. The boys wouldn't share. M cried every time Ethan got near him, even when he was being nice.

I needed a nap.

Well, I did get some rest, but not really a good nap. But then somehow my attitude changed (I'll have to tell you about this neat little book I have that helped) and my afternoon went much better. I got two loads of laundry done, and even if I do say so myself, I made an awesome dinner. Which is a pretty huge accomplishment these days with the way I feel about food.

While I was finishing up dinner, Terral came home from work and went outside with Ethan. Ethan found this water squirter thing and out of nowhere asked for a ball. We're kind of unsure where he learned about baseball, but I think he's addicted now! He and Terral had so much fun, and Terral loved that he can play ball in our own back yard. It just made me smile so much. :)

PS It wasn't quite as fun when he threw a major fit because we made him stop to come eat dinner.
PPS Yes, he's got a naked bum because of the aforementioned potty training.







And then this evening I convinced Terral to let me help him get the swamp cooler down. It's a beast of a thing, and he was going to call some of his friends over to help. Well, it was a bit of an adventure, but we did it! And without a moment to spare, too. We barely beat nightfall. But now that eyesore that let in air and smells and bugs and water is no longer hanging in our window, and I'm so happy! Man, it feels good!

2 comments:

  1. I had to get close to him so that he could hit it but then I had to jump away or else he would hit me with the ball! I love how the pictures show me flailing out of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will probably take a few stops and starts with potty training. We would start and make progress and then go backwards and both of us would be frustrated but it finally clicked and he hasn't had a diaper on for months! It will happen! Some boys are born with sports in the blood. George new what a basketball was before we said anything... Boys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)