Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Henke Gathering

We had a Henke Family Reunion on Saturday, so we set out for Delta that morning. Unfortunately, I lamely left the camera in the car and didn't take any pictures of the actual reunion. We didn't get there as soon as we would have liked to, but once we were there we had a good time. I enjoyed talking with some of my cousins that I hardly ever see, and Terral and Ethan did a lot of playing. Ethan was very much being a daddy's boy that day, which worked out fine because that meant I could do more visiting.

We had lunch at the park and then we spent a couple hours swimming at the pool. We haven't done hardly any swimming this year, and Ethan had a blast. I would have enjoyed it a wee bit more if the water had been warmer. :) But as I said, we all had a good time.

Afterward, we headed back to my parents' house. It was fun to see Ethan play with his cousins because even since the last time we got together, he's become much more just one of the boys and less of a baby.



Terral, Ethan, and I got to take a little ride on the "wheeler". Ethan sure loves four-wheeling! Funny how you enjoy doing things just because your offspring likes it. It really was a nice evening ride though.

We talked, played a game or two, and watched a movie. And then on Sunday we got to attend the second session of the Brigham City Temple dedication.

We were the last ones to leave on Sunday. Reluctant to leave a good time, I guess. :) Ethan had taken a really late nap, so he didn't fall asleep on the ride home, but he did really well. We bought a little potty when we decided we were serious about this potty training thing, and it has turned out to be a good investment. I always thought a seat to put on the regular toilet would be good enough, but Ethan likes being able to do most of it himself, and I think it makes it more special that he has his own potty. Plus, it seems to be much more comfortable for him.

Anyway, we brought this little potty with us to Delta, and on the way home we stopped a couple times to accommodate Ethan's cries of "potty!" He just looked so cute enjoying himself there on the side of the road, I couldn't help but snap a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)