Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pregnancy Update

Although the past few days I've been telling people I'm 12 weeks along, a quick check just told me that I'm already 13. I'm having a harder time keeping track. I guess that's pretty normal. People are surprised that I don't have anything showing yet. It'll come. Actually, when we went camping I felt like I just suddenly popped out. I had a bit of a belly over the weekend, but it somehow subsided after we got home. It's mostly there when I'm really full.

We had an appointment with our midwife last Thursday. She was able to come to our house, which I was really glad of. We heard the baby's heartbeat. She found it right away, and there weren't all the swishing sounds that there were when we first heard Ethan's because he was moving so much. It seemed quieter too, but I'm not sure if that's because the volume was lower or what. Terral said it made it feel so much more real. Ethan was pretty fascinated with it. It was very comforting to hear, and I thought it interesting that even listening to a heartbeat can tell you that this little baby has her or his own personality!

Until last week I hadn't thrown up at all. I just felt yucky quite a bit, which made it hard to do things. I also have been very tired, though not as much lately. After we moved, I started taking a nap nearly every day. It was just necessary. Now I'm not quite as tired, and even though I've thrown up a few times I am starting to feel a little better overall. Yay for the ushering in of the second trimester!

I've told Ethan that there is a baby in my belly, and he gives it kisses. He will be such a sweet brother! At the baby shower on Saturday, I won a little baby doll that Natalie made, and Ethan loves to hold it and have it do things that he does. Today he was helping it sweep with my big straw broom. :)

I went to a Relief Society activity tonight that was on first aid. Talking about all those things that can go wrong made me feel a little emotional about my family, and I just wanted to hug and hug them when I got home. Ethan wasn't asleep yet, so I got to rock and hold him, and sing to him.

Baby Center tells me my little baby is almost three inches long from head to bottom already. It makes me weepy to think of how fast the time is going and how I'll be able to hold and love this baby too. There is nothing so precious in life as family. I feel so blessed to be a mother, and in awe (and trembling!) of the responsibility that is mine.

2 comments:

  1. Is it weird I blog stalk you? I guess it's not blog stalking if I leave a comment, right! I just love your posts. So real and uplifting. And this house - just so perfect for you guys! It's fun to watch all the projects unfold. Sorry Terral had to miss out on the Dirty Dash! Dang foot injury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't consider it stalking at all. I know you, I read your blog too, and we both occasionally comment. :) So no, not weird. It's nice to know when people put in the effort to read what I write. And so nice to hear you say it is real and uplifting! Thanks for the encouragement. :)

      It is too bad about Terral's foot, but it does save us some gas money. ;)

      Delete

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)