Friday, September 28, 2012

A Song and A Car

This year the SUU choirs started what they hope to be an annual tradition, and they invited alumni to come sing in a concert with them. I was able to go, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that I knew more people there than I had expected. It was fun to catch up with some of my friends, and it was fun to feel like a musician again.

The rehearsal started at 5:00 and we went for roughly an hour and a half, with a break for refreshments.  Then we sang in the concert which started at 7:00. It was a bit of a whirlwind I guess, but it really didn't feel that way, and it turned out really well.

I don't have any pictures of it, though. Terral was going to try to come, but this afternoon he got in a car crash. Thankfully, no one was hurt, but our car is out of commission. We're  hoping this will just be a blessing in disguise because the other guy's insurance should pay for our car. It needed replacing anyway, so hopefully this will help us do that.

I was pretty worried sick when Terral called me, but he took everything really well. We're grateful for our friend Adam, who happened to be at the gas station nearby and saw that Terral was in a pickle. So he stayed around for an hour while Terral talked to police, etc. and then gave him a ride home.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! I'm glad Terral is ok! I must have missed a post awhile back or something cuz you mentioned his foot and back were hurting previously. Quit hurting yourself Terral!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You didn't miss it. The back and foot injuries are completely unrelated. And yes, he does need to stop hurting himself!

      Delete

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)