Thursday, September 27, 2012

Three Things

Terral's been very busy with a business competition the last few days, and we have stayed up later than I intended to as a result, so I'll make tonight's post brief.

1. I did quite a bit more tree trimming today and found that cherry wood is easier to saw through than peach.

2. We got our first eggs today! There weren't any when we looked this morning, but this afternoon when Ethan and I went to check on the chickens again, there were two pristine white eggs in the coop. The chickens seem to be warming up to us a bit.

3. I went over to help a friend move this evening, and I got there just as she was sending off one of her goats. The people who were buying it seemed to really love their animals, and they said they could provide a good tempered milk goat at a good price when we're ready for it. It might be a long while yet before that day comes because we have quite a bit to learn still, we need to prepare the area for them, save up for it all, and make sure we're ready for the commitment. But I really think we'll do it someday! It was fun to visualize the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)