Friday, April 20, 2012

Relay for Life

Well, we had a pretty full day again, but the evening was particularly jam packed. I was grocery shopping with Ethan when Terral called to let me know that his mom (a breast cancer survivor) had decided to do the survivors lap at Relay for Life. We were planning on going, but not right at the beginning, so I rushed home, we threw together some pb&j's, and hurried off to the football field. We made it just in time to see the mass of purple coming 'round the corner. I forgot the camera in the mad rush, so we had to make do with using my phone for pictures.

 Here is Terral's mom with her friend who is currently having treatment for breast cancer.
 Ethan could not wait to have a turn on the track. Not even long enough to get his shoes on. It was so cute to seen him running after all those people.

 Everything was just so exciting to him. He wanted to explore everything and run free. Naturally, he through a conniption fit when we had to change his diaper, so we didn't bother putting his pants back on until it got a little cool. His distress was quickly forgotten when he saw the balloons.



Terral stayed on at the track and said that the two of them had an absolute blast. He said Ethan did an entire lap by himself, and they just had so much fun seeing friends and playing with family. While they were doing that, I ran (literally) to the other side of campus to watch my friend play Meg in the musical version of Little Women. I was very pleasantly surprised to learn that there is a discount for alumni, so it only cast my $5 rather than the $10 I expected. They really should advertise that. I very nearly didn't go. But I'm glad I did. I enjoyed it, and I got to see some of my friends, which is always nice. :)

Terral and Ethan had just gotten home when I called to say I was done at about 10:00. Ethan had so much fun he didn't seem to mind staying up late, but he was very ready to go to bed. We've got more adventures in the works for tomorrow, so I'd best be getting to bed as well!

**edited to add: Terral just got home (he went back to the relay after taking me home) and shared a couple pictures with me. Apparently there were some pretty awesome Star Wars characters there, but Ethan didn't pay them any mind. Couldn't care less. But a few minutes later, he saw a statue and was enthralled. He kept pointing at it and saying "da da!" Lately, he's been saying "daddy" very clearly, so I'm not sure exactly what he meant by "da da". In any case, Terral thought it was pretty funny.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)