Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mail Sorter

Well, today I was productive again. It helped that I got up sooner. But it didn't help that the universe was conspiring against Ethan's nap time. When I finally gave up on getting him back to sleep, we were both able to have fun while I worked on the tasks I wanted to.

Speaking of productivity, I mentioned on Monday that I did a little sewing project. And I do mean little.
I made a mail sorter for Unshoes, so we can keep all the business mail separate from our personal stuff and make sure tracings and bills don't get overlooked. I've wanted to make one for our personal mail for a while, but the business needed one more urgently.

I looked around the online for quite a while before I found something that I thought would suit. I took my cue from this post. I only have those felt squares that you can buy at a craft store, so I was a little limited size wise. I suppose I could have sewn some together, but I was trying to keep it simple. Well, it ended up not being as simple as I'd hoped. You see, the top piece of felt was just a little bigger than the bottom. And since it was going to be a tight fit, I decided to use the extra rather than trim it off. So I had to do a lot of exact measuring and pinning to try to get everything distributed evenly, all while taking breaks for the kidlet. If I'd had extra room to work with, I would have just eyeballed it, and it probably would have taken about ten minutes. Instead, I worked on it for, oh, about an hour. The end result is a little wonky, but it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)