Monday, April 23, 2012

Anticipation

I have some fun pictures to share, but I just don't feel like doing the picture thing tonight. I'm too sleepy.

Speaking of sleepy, the past few days I have kind of felt like we're coming out of hibernation. Not that we were lazy all winter, it's just that this warmer weather makes me want to get out and do so many things and get together with friends we haven't seen in a long time. We've already run into several and said "We need to get together soon!"  I hate saying that because it's so easy to just say, but we really mean it. Relationships are important, dang it!

I think our string of illnesses contributes to my feeling of "waking up". Thankfully, we seem to be past that now. But it looks like Ethan's finally working on another tooth or two.

Terral and I are both just so excited for summer. Oh, camping, hiking, and all other wonderful outdoor activities—how we have missed you! We have our first camping trip lined up. Some good friends of ours are coming to visit us in May and we are going to give them their first red rock experience. So fun!

I might as well mention another event that's coming up in May. I'm going to run my first 5k. Whew! I put it out in cyberspace, now I really have to do it. I suppose I ought to start training for it. : / Yeah, I know I should have started a while ago. But I didn't. So. . . yeah. The race is The Naked Foot 5k. Unshoes is sponsoring it, and we're also giving away an entry. You don't have to run barefoot or minimal, so if you like to race you should totally go enter!

We are also looking forward to school being over. This is the last week of classes, so the end is in sight! It will be so nice for Terral to be able to focus on the business. And to be done with all the requirements for his second degree! It's been a long time coming, and he has sometimes wished he didn't go back to school, but we still feel like it was the right decision. It hasn't had the impact we were anticipating when he decided to go for it, but it still has been helpful in many ways. But it will sure be nice for him to be done!

Ah, summer! We eagerly await thee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)