Monday, August 27, 2012

Wheeler Farm

This is my last catch up post from July. Hallelujah!

After the wedding luncheon, there were several hours before the reception, so all of us non-newly-wed siblings gathered to spend the afternoon at Wheeler Farm.

Ethan fell asleep on the ride over, so Terral and I found a shady spot to park and we sort of napped in our seats while Ethan slept. Sarah had to go home for a couple reasons, so she was kind enough to bring some clothes for Ethan so he didn't have to wear just a diaper for the rest of the time. :)

Because of the nap, we wandered just the three of us for a while until we caught up with the others.

I loved the look of this barn!
Moo! Ethan liked the cow, but he wasn't into them quite as much as he is now.
The horses caught his interest a little more.
Aren't they pretty? I like their feed box too. :)
This is right after the horse snorted on us. Ha!
Ah! It's much nicer up here.
There was a whole barn full of tractors, which was pretty excited for Mr. E. But they were all antiques and we couldn't touch them.
He did get a turn on this green one though! Such fun!
And finally we found everyone else.
The kids thought it was pretty funny that the pig got in its water to drink. Ethan kept saying, "wet!"


Nothing's more exciting than a tractor in action.
There was a fun two story tree house that the kids loved playing in.


The door to the next level was pretty tiny. I wanted to go up there, but I decided there were too many kids. (Please note the headband in Kaylee's hand.)

Kyle made it up to the second level in spite of the teeny doorway and the multitude of kids.
Lovely sisters waiting while the kids play.
Daddy and Ethan up in the treehouse. Hmm. . .how did Kaylee's headband end up there?
He certainly didn't seem to mind it! Especially with the cool wagon there.
When we were done looking at animals and such, we gathered on one of the big lawns to visit and have a little picnic.


This is when I told my family that we were expecting. (I told Matt & Karalee and my parents earlier.) I kept waiting for a good opportunity to just slip it into the conversation so everyone could hear, but there were too many different things going on, so I ended up just saying it in a conversation with Braelyn. She was asking me about motherhood, so I figured that was as good as it would get! Sarah and Diane heard me, and then I had to interrupt other conversations to let everyone else know. So not as smooth as I'd hoped. But, hey, everyone was happy for us!

After a bit, Diane had the brilliant idea to play 9 Lives. We used to play it when we were kids, but I had completely forgotten about it. I was pretty young then. I wasn't nauseous at that point, so it felt really good to get out a run and play. Terral and I didn't stay to finish it though, because we wanted to visit the habitat for humanity restore. That was a bit of a fiasco, so I kind of wish we had just stayed to play. In any case, we still made some good memories, and overall Matt's wedding day was full of good things.  It really was a beautiful day.

2 comments:

  1. So fun to catch up on all your posts!
    I'm happy for you guys having a new home (and all the new chores that go with it! :)
    Congrats on baby #2!! Sending wishes for a smooth pregnancy! Hopefully that belly will keep you a little warmer through the winter :)
    I've never heard of the game 9 lives. Googling it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chelsea!

      In case you didn't find it, this is how we played: One person has the ball and everyone gathers around him/her. They throw it high up in the air and shout somebody's name while everyone else runs away. As soon as the named person has the ball they shout "stop!", which everyone does. Then the person with the ball has three steps to get closer to someone to try to hit them with the ball. If the other person is hit, they lose one of his/her lives. If the thrower misses, he/she loses a life. Then you do it all over again until someone is all out of lives.

      Delete

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)