Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Ponies at the Park

My big accomplishment for the day was getting started dehydrating the apples that came from our tree. It feels really good to have that going finally.

I also weeded some of the jungle out of our lawn, and while I was doing that our neighbor came over to the fence and offered to mow our lawn for us. Since we don't yet have a mower, I accepted his kind offer.

This evening, Terral offered to make dinner, so I took Ethan on a little walk to keep him occupied. There is a little park within walking distance, but we hadn't visited it yet, so I decided to take him there. There is a field that surrounds it, and when we got there we saw seven little ponies near the fence. When we walked up to look at them, some of them came to see what we were all about. It was really fun. We let them sniff our hands and fed them bits of grass. They were only about as tall as Ethan!

 Then we went over to the little play set. It is much more suited to Ethan's size and age than the elementary playgrounds, which is where we have been going, so I think we will come back to this one often. He had a blast since he could pretty much do everything himself.

He found a little bar to hang from.
 And he loved climbing up this thing. Wouldn't even touch the stairs.
(He got a wood chip in his sandal and was asking me to fix it.)
 He tried the red slide first, and then the blue. But once he went down the yellow slide, nothing else would do.
 On the way home, he got to walk the last part. Sometimes we don't even bother taking the stroller out on walks anymore because he just loves to walk and run so much. I sure love my happy little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)