Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Delta with Diane

A week after the reunion and about a week before Matt's wedding, Diane and I decided to take a trip to Delta to help mom with some preparations. (I wrote this post while I was there.) When I was in Delta for the reunion, mom told me it was really hard for her to see the yard looking so badly (I believe "going to pot" was the phrase she used) and not being able to do anything about it because she didn't have the breath or energy. She and dad always do so much to help all of us kids, so I decided I would come and do yard work for her, and Diane decided to come too. When we told mom, she said she'd rather have help with wedding prep, so that's what we spent most of the time doing, but I did manage to at least weed the back yard.

Terral was spending the weekend at scout camp, so we met Diane and the kids up on the mountain and then Ethan and I rode the rest of the way with them.

The kids all had fun throwing rocks and picking flowers before it was time to get back in the car.
 I just had to snap a picture of the two little boys during a rest stop. They are some cute little tow-heads!
 And they happened to be wearing very similar outfits, too.
 Even though we were there to work, we managed to have a good amount of fun too.
 Ryan and Ethan on the tractor.
 Playing barbies with Kaylee.
 A little pool time.
 Fun at the new splash pad.
 And at the park! This is when Ethan saw Lucas hang on a bar and decided that must be a fun thing to do. He also really liked jumping off of the big boulders.
 And pointing to the noses on the statues.
 He really wanted to play in the stream, but we didn't do a whole lot of that because it was so slippery.
 Later Uncle Matt came, and Ethan got to play with him too.
 The morning we left, grandpa gave tractor rides!
 At first, Ethan got to ride up with grandpa while he drove it around, and then we got to sit in the front bucket with the cousins while it went up and down. Lots of fun!

It was so nice to spend a few days with my sister and parents, and to see the kids play together. And it felt really good knowing that I could help my mom. My parents are wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)