Sunday, August 26, 2012

Settling In

We are becoming more and more a part of this ward. I've already led the music on two different occasions, subbed in nursery, and am on the line-up for a sacrament meeting musical number. And today the bishop asked Terral and I to come in after church and we both received callings.

Last week the relief society president asked us if we would have dinner with them this Sunday. I looked forward to it all week. We had a really nice evening with them and hope to do a game night sometime.

There's another lady in my ward that I met during a weeknight meeting, and we just hit it off right away. I think she's about forty years old, but that doesn't seem to matter. We stopped by their house last Sunday while we were out on a walk, and she showed us all their animals: cats, rats, goats, and chickens. Ethan loved it all, but he seemed particularly enthralled by the chickens. I'm really grateful to have made a friend so quickly that I feel comfortable enough with to just stop by unannounced.

Now I just need to start going to the Thursday morning play group so I can get to know some other young moms. It just takes me so long to get going in the mornings that I haven't made it yet, so I've been kind of a hermit. In the mean time, we are still getting to know people and feeling more at home in this area. It's a nice feeling. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)