Saturday, August 4, 2012

Reconnecting

I hardly know where to start. We were without internet for a few days because of the move. In some ways it was inconvenient (esp. for Terral's work), but in other ways it was just nice to take a break from it all.

Monday we finished the majority of our move. It poured all afternoon long, which certainly complicated things. We were very glad that so much was done on Saturday. Two people showed up to help, which was just about right, and we eventually got the necessary things done. The next day was spent in packing far more little things than we thought we had left and cleaning the apartment.

Ethan has transitioned well. He had trouble going to sleep the first night, but he'd been doing similar things back at the apartment. He's had about four molars come in at once. The little man is now nineteen months, and we sure have a lot of fun with him. I have trouble counting, but I'm certain he knows at least fifty words, not counting the ones he signs only. He's become quite adept at jumping with both feet. He is super sweet and will sometime cuddle for long periods at a time.  Ever since he saw his cousin Lucas hang on a bar, hanging on things is a favorite. At our new house he has a bannister and a seat he can hang from pretty much any time he wants. Jumping off things is also a favorite. He can be very helpful, and for some time has done things like throw garbage away when we ask him to. He's added some two word phrases to his speech. "Did it!" and "Hem me" (help me) are heard quite frequently around here.

As far as how things are going with the house, well, it feels good to only have to worry about one place now. :) Slowly but surely we are making headway with little projects and finding homes for the contents of the myriad of boxes one finds in every room. I've been so tired lately, though, that I haven't done as much as I would have liked. For example, the upper kitchen cabinets have still not be cleaned yet. Which means that there are more boxes of kitchen things on the floor than there needs to be. Oh well. It will get done. I don't feel as pressured any more since we made it through the big time crunch.

Today is our fifth anniversary. Seventh from the day we started dating. Sometimes it seems that life before Terral was a completely different life. I definitely like the one I'm currently living. :) I feel extremely blessed to have a man so well suited to me, one who loves me, whom I love, and who shares a love with me of all that is most important.

To celebrate our anniversary, we went to the movies. There is a discount theater on Main Street that just  reopened this week. It was a dollar theater before my mission, and it was there that we first held hands. The building was later condemned and the theater shut down. We went a few days before our anniversary because entrance was free on the grand opening. Terral's parents watched Ethan for us, and we had a really good time.

Today, the three of us went for a walk together, and we saw pretty much all the friends that we know out here. We also scored some good yardsale finds. (Two nice tennis rackets, a cute stuffed bear, and several toy cars/trucks for Ethan—all for $6) After lunch and a nap, we headed into town for a few errands. Man, we're exciting, aren't we? That's okay, we still enjoyed it. We checked out an antique store we had never been in. Ethan loved it as much as we did. And we bought some cool coat hooks we will soon put to use. We also met up with a few more friends along the way. And when we came home, Terral cooked some yummy venison fajitas.

And now, I'm going to go spend some more snuggle time with my honey and watch a show if we still feel like it.

I found that I can go to sleep easier if I'm not on the computer at night. (Ethan has been sleeping through the night quite frequently, but I slept through the night for the first time this week in I don't know how many years.) So I will attempt to write my future posts during the day. Not that it makes much difference to you, but now that it's written down, I'm more accountable, right? ;)

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back and Happy Anniversary! Can't wait to see pictures of your new place!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)