Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Пельмени

I've been trying to have more variety at meal times lately, and tonight I finally cooked something I've been wanting for a long time: пельмени (pelmeni). I ate these meat-filled pastries quite a bit on my mission, but I actually never had any that were homemade. 


Terral had some on his mission too, but he didn't have the fond memories of them I did. Luckily, they were a hit with everyone tonight! Ethan ate better than he has in quite a while. And honestly, you'd never know I made them with venison hamburger.

I was a little worried about them turning out because the dough did not work the way the recipe said it should. I think it's partially because I used whole wheat flour. But it all worked out in the end! I admit I was rather proud of the end result.

Craving: Satisfied!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)