Sunday, August 5, 2012

First Sunday

So much for trying to post earlier in the day, eh? Ah well. It will be a work in progress.

We went to our new ward today. As much as I was positive that this house was supposed to be ours, it's a little strange to me the nervousness I have felt of actually living in this neighborhood. I know it partly comes from preconceptions of the kind of people that live out here. And partly it comes because we intend this to be our permanent residence. It won't just be a few years here. And for some reason that's a little scary in certain aspects.

But we met several kind people (of course) and are starting to get to know our neighbors. I'm sorry I still don't have pictures. Terral did take several before we moved in, but I still need to go through them. And I still have a number of things to post from July.

And speaking of pictures, I must tell you (somewhat sheepishly) that our diaper bag/camera wasn't stolen after all. Turns out we just left it in the room we changed in at Karalee's grandmother's house. I guess that just speaks to the frame of mind we were both in. Neither of us remembered having it there, even though we had changed Ethan's diaper at the house. But our joy at having our things back far outweighs the embarrassment we feel about it. I'm really glad we don't have to buy another camera. We have a lot of other things we need to spend money on right now.

So, I will soon have more pictures to share. Tonight, I'm just going to try to catch up on some more sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! I'm so glad you didn't lose your camera! What a relief!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)