Friday, August 10, 2012

Some Randoms

Here's some recent pictures from my phone.

I just had to include this one because I thought it was cute and funny. This was taken when we still lived at the apartment and Ethan and I took a walk to the nearby park. He likes to peek between bars, and often gives me kisses. Such a sweetie.
 We went to CAL ranch to look at rope for the railing. (More on that later!) We stopped and looked at the chicks. Ethan loved it, and he started saying "chicken", only it sounds like "dicken". (Speaking of his mad word skills, he has started saying some Russian words! So exciting! He says balodet, which is supposed to be молодец.)
 Another thing Ethan is very into right now is fixing things. He loves tools, especially now that he's seen daddy and his grandpas using them fairly often. He just had to help while they were working on the dishwasher. He still will get down with a screwdriver and stick it into the screws under the washer.
He has his own little workbench that we got from some friends when they were getting rid of it. He loves to play at it. I thought it was hilarious when we got home from church, and there he was with my high heels on working with his tools. 
 And these were taken just yesterday. I was out working in the garage, and he was entertaining himself in the yard. I thought it was pretty cute when I found him riding this log like a horse. He even calls it "horsey". 

 Yesterday was one of those magical times where I didn't even have to sit and sing Ethan to sleep for his nap. He just said "Nigh' nigh'!" and I left. And he didn't cry at all. I came in to find him like this. We got that bear last week (?) at a yard sale some of our friends were having, and he has really taken to it. I don't think he's ever actually snuggled with a stuffed animal in his sleep, although he gives them hugs when he's awake.
 Here you can see him sucking on his bottom lip. He never took to binkies or his thumb, but he developed this little comfort measure just a few weeks ago when all those molars were coming in.
 And here's a lovely shot from today. I'd been craving something cold, so I finally found the blender and made a green smoothie. Ethan enjoyed it as much as we did, as evidenced by his funny mustache. :) He was about to follow daddy upstairs, but I asked him to wait so I could take a picture. He stopped, turned around, and gave me this smile. And then he came and looked at it on the phone. 
 You can see it a little better in this one. We have some mirrors down where he can see himself, and he likes to play in front of them and dance and jump and spin. And he sure thinks it's interesting whenever he has a messy face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)