Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Weaned

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what I should write tonight. I was planning on hammering out the last May event as I said before, but when I opened the picture folder, I saw that there were about a gajillion of them, and I hadn't gone through them yet to pick which ones would make it to the blog. Soooo that's out.

I guess I'll do what I usually do in these situations and talk about Ethan. ;) He's been a bit of a Daddy's boy lately. I'm assuming his extra attachment to dad has to do with weaning. I think it's safe to say he is officially weaned. Honestly, it still kind of hurts my heart a little bit that I can't give him that kind of comfort anymore, but I do know that it was time. I think it's been nearly a week and a half since he last nursed. We had some very not fun days, but he seems to have come to grips. His sleeping habits have gotten much better, which is pretty awesome. I don't regret nursing him as long as I did, but I will definitely try with the next baby to get them to fall asleep without nursing.

I got the beginnings of a breast infection during the weaning process. Apparently I put my pump in storage a while ago. It was kind of painful, but I fought it off with rosemary and lavender essential oils before it got too bad.

In other news, things are moving along well with the house. It appraised for more than the purchase price, which we were very happy about. The deal should be closed by this time next week! Craziness. Everything is happening so fast, and the days are just jam packed. We are going to miss so many people when we move, but we are very excited to start this new phase.

I decided that this move will be a good time to simplify our lives in many ways. I think it may be a little difficult to realize the goal I have in my head, but it is certainly worth a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)