Thursday, July 26, 2012

Indio: Salton Sea

On Sunday Terral and I took Ethan to the nearest ward we could find. It felt amazing. It was just one of those times when we knew we were exactly where we needed to be. It might sound a little weird, but it was nice to take a break from all the vacationing and focus on our spiritual needs for a while. I met some very friendly ladies in the mothers lounge, and was surprised that they knew where Cedar is. As the hour was letting out, I was taking Ethan back toward the chapel (we'd been in the halls a bit) and suddenly I heard my name. It was a Russian friend of ours! We didn't know that he'd moved to California, but there he was! It was really good to catch up. It's kind of a crazy small world sometimes.

Later in the evening, we took a trip with everyone to the Salton Sea. Along the way, we saw lots of date trees.

I didn't take too many pictures because Terral had his nice camera out quite a bit, but I did get a few. There were some amazing views.



The beach isn't sand—it's crushed fish bones. That was a little weird. But it was a very interesting place to visit! I'll have to post some of Terral's pictures sometime. He read up on the history of the place too, so maybe I'll just have him do a little guest post. :)

We got a few more pictures of the date trees on the way back. We couldn't believe how many there were! We also passed several orchards and vineyards.

We stopped at a little picnic place just to have a break from the car.



Ethan thought this tractor was pretty fun. He's way into tractors now, so I think he would think it's super cool now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)