Saturday, July 21, 2012

Conditions

While we haven't been able to spend as much time as we'd like out at the new house, things are slowly but surely coming along. The list so far: downstairs bathroom cleaned, faucet torn out, sink scrubbed and found to be salvageable (hooray! Terral worked so hard on it. I really wish I had a before picture of it.), a myriad of random things removed and thrown away, stair railing secured, stinky porch carpet and subfloor removed, garage floor cleaned out, all the walls and light fixtures cleaned in the carpeted rooms, upstairs shelves cleaned, and fallen apples picked up. It's a start! Things are beginning to feel less gross, which is really nice. We've also made some decisions like the color of roofing for the garage,  how many windows we will replace, and we even ordered our kitchen faucet!

My dad will be coming down next week to help get the plumbing and electrical in order before we move. I can't believe we only have a week and a half left! I haven't even packed anything yet. : / It's tough when you are trying to clean two houses at once. I kind of feel like time has just been bulldozing us. But it'll all work out somehow. Especially since we have such wonderful willing helpers in our families! My dad has been so, so helpful, and I'm so glad to know we have his knowledge and hands to lean back on. My parents are awesome.

For those of you who may have been wondering, my mom's health has not been great for quite some time. She has a very hard time breathing sometimes and has coughing fits. I think one of the hardest things for her is that she just doesn't have energy to do the things she wants to. She is such a go-getter. Even little things have just become too much for her to do. So this evening and tomorrow we are fasting and praying with the rest of my family for her. I am very grateful for the power of prayer and that I grew up in a family where I was taught to trust in God. If you feel so inclined, I know my mother would appreciate any prayers you might offer in her behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)