Monday, July 9, 2012

Terral's Big Three-Oh

I can hardly believe it, but Terral is officially thirty years old now. His birthday kind of snuck up on us. I wish I had prepared more, but I guess it wasn't too shabby. We are also planning on spending a little time in the mountains soon in honor of his birthday.

I tried to make it a special day by doing little things. I made a special breakfast, and fulfilled the requested enchilada dinner.

Even though I only called them today *ahem*, Terral's parents and all his siblings were able to come spend some time with us at the park this evening and partake in some dessert. I tried a new raw brownie dessert, and it would have been good, only I put a tad too much salt in it. Woops.


Terral was able to run around some and climb trees, and then we played some frisbee. Ethan wanted to get in on the action too.
 We did all the regular park playing. Ethan particularly loved the slide. Terral just loved being outside and playing around.

There was barely room for Ethan on Heather's lap. Her baby bump is sure growing!

At the end of it all, Terral finally got to open his present.
(Um, I sewed it today while he was at work. . .but at least I had it planned, right?)

 It's a wallet! I used this tutorial.
 Terral told me that just last week he saw a camo wallet and thought that would be cool to have. Good thing that the material I picked out! He's very excited about it because his current wallet is very old and falling apart. I just love when gifts turn out!

I feel so blessed to have this wonderful man as my husband and father to our children. He keeps calling himself middle aged, but I think he will always be young at heart. Not immature, mind you, but he knows how to play and have fun without inhibition, and he can still see the wonder in everyday things.

Люблю тебя, мой лучше друг!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)