Monday, July 2, 2012

Super Fox

Remember the cape I mentioned a few days ago? Well, I finally got a picture today.


The main reason I was so happy about this cape is that it's a double revamp. Last year a friend of mine gave me a bag of clothes she was getting rid of, and I took a couple sweatshirts that I thought would be useful for projects. I ended up using the lighter colored one for the belly on Terral's Baloo costume.
I just safety pinned it on there, so it was easy to remove. But I didn't want to throw it away, so it ended up kicking around for months. Then last week (?) as I was looking at it wondering if I should keep it or not, I had the brilliant idea of making a cape for Ethan out of it. He likes dressing up in things, and for a while there he loved to wear the green cape I made for primary whenever he saw it. (I can't find a picture of it! grrr) But it was very awkward because it was so big, so eventually I put it away where he wouldn't see it.

It was pretty simple to make the change. I just cut a hole out near the top for his head to go through and then I used some scrap material from a t-shirt to make the letter for the back. If I did it again, I would leave a little more room between the hole and the top since it's getting a bit stretched out, and I would place the letter a little higher. But all in all, I'm pleased with the outcome. Yay for no waste and having super powers! ;)

1 comment:

  1. I love that boy so dang much! And I love that he has such great parents!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)