Sunday, July 8, 2012

Memorial Weekend

Sorry for the radio silence recently. We've had some more events around here lately. I feel like I just keep getting farther and farther behind on blogging our happenings, even though I keep blogging. So I'll try to hammer out the rest of May and June this week.

After the 5k, we went back to Sarah's house to shower and hang out until it was time for Sarah and I to take off. We left the kiddos with our hubbies so we could spend some quality time with the girls.

We went to the Dressing Your Truth store near Thanksgiving point and tried on clothes. A couple people bought some, but I was holding out. Next stop was Target, and then we had dinner at Zupas. I'd never eaten there before, which is really not surprising because we don't eat out much, and I don't believe there is one in Southern Utah. I think I had the mushroom bisque. Whatever it was, it was delish. I just wish they had whole wheat bread for the sandwiches.

This was the first opportunity for us to all spend time together with our soon to be sister-in-law Karolee.

Karolee, Me, Diane, Lisa
 Lynae, Sarah, Rachel, Mom

After we ate, we went to DI. Yes! This is what I was holding out for. (Actually, I did buy one t-shirt at Target.) I think this was my favorite portion of the night. At first we scattered and filled our shopping carts with possibilities, but then we gathered at the dressing rooms. We laughed and joked, and showed each other what we were trying on. It was just fun! In the other stores we couldn't be together quite so much. 

I actually found a lot of shirts that I liked. I was especially excited to find a number that didn't need an undershirt. Then came the agonizing part of trying to decide which ones to leave behind, because I wasn't planning on spending that much money. In the end, with some persuasion (after Karolee found out I had only bought a swimsuit last year) I decided to get nearly all of my favorites. And I'm so glad I did! It's amazing what a boost of about 7(?) new shirts can do for your wardrobe. 

We spent Sunday with the browns and spent some more time with our friends Erika and Brennan. The whole day was very enjoyable. The next morning we had breakfast and got ready for some more family time at the Kecks. They were hosting a barbecue.

Ethan had so much fun playing with his cousins. Those boys are sure cute together!

While we were getting everything loaded in the car, I let Ethan play with the steering wheel. When we were ready to go, I opened the passenger door, and the car alarm went off. He had locked the driver's side door. At first it didn't seem like a big deal, but then we couldn't get the alarm to go off. We don't have the key remote anymore, and unlocking the door didn't do anything. Terral fiddled with some things, but it just kept going. Kyle helped him out, and they were able to stop the noise, but then the car wouldn't start. Ugh! It's probably not hard to believe that we were very frustrated with our car at this point. (By the way, we bought a new battery after the Grand Canyon.) Well, we unloaded all the kids again and went inside to play for a bit while the guys worked on the car. When it was evident that it could take a very long time, it was decided that Sarah and I would take the kids down to play with the other cousins, and Terral and Kyle would follow when the car was (hopefully) working again.

I can't remember how long exactly it took, but it seems like about an hour later Sarah got a text saying they were successful. Hallelujah! Turns out you have to lock and unlock all the doors in a certain orderor something like that—to get the alarm to turn off without the remote.


Anyway, eventually we were all able to enjoy some time with family.


Kaylee pushing Ethan
 The pool started out very clean, but it didn't stay that way long
 The Thompsons brought their rescue turtle
 slingshot fun


 No, Sarah didn't have an accident. Ethan sat on her after spending some time in the pool. :)
 I love this picture of the boys!
 Lucas and Ethan are 6 months apart. Not too much height difference anymore!
 On our way home, we had to stop and get gas. Ethan knows right what to do with those keys. And yes, I did watch him like a hawk.
 When we made it back to Cedar, we finished off our Memorial Day by spending some time at Uncle Jaymon's grave. It had been almost a year since he passed away.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)