Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Taking Down and Growing Up

Well, my plan for tonight's post was to finally do the Christmas thing, but I started going through pictures and got all overwhelmed and decided I just want to go to bed, so that will have to wait for another day.

Speaking of Christmas, I finally took down the decorations today.  We started a tradition our first Christmas together that we would keep our tree up at least until Jan 13th, which is the Russian Old New Year.  When we can, we throw a little party to celebrate it, but we haven't done it the past couple of years.
I thought about taking most of the decorations down and just leaving the tree up (Russians have New Year trees, not Christmas trees), but decided that would be more of a hassle than just waiting and doing it all at once.

The other notable occurrence of this, the 17th day of January, was that Ethan fed himself cereal with a spoon. And I missed it.  Terral was letting me take a nap because I was up all hours with Ethan last night, but he told me it was pretty awesome.  It's hard to explain the difference, but Ethan is just so much more little boy than baby—even than he was a month ago.   A week's time makes such difference!  A nurse told me that Ethan's rate of growth will slow way down now.  Maybe that's true as far as weight gain goes, but in all other areas, it seems to be full speed ahead!

Now if only I could get myself going that fast.  You know, at stuff like cleaning the house. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)