Monday, January 9, 2012

FHE: Choices

First off, here's a random picture of Ethan's cuteness for your enjoyment. Yay! I took it today while I was sweeping the kitchen floor. (Oh come on, you totally wanted to know that.)


Okay, now I'll get down to business. It was my turn to give the lesson today for Family Home Evening.  Since the Primary theme this year is all about choices and agency, I decided to focus on that.  I was really pleased with the way it turned out.  We had a great discussion about things parents can do to help their children use their agency wisely in everything from picking out clothes to keeping away from drugs.  After the lesson, we sang The Wise Man and The Foolish Man.  It's too bad I didn't record the beginning of the song.  Ethan's reaction was fun to watch.


Afterward, we played a game that tied in loosely.  I'm sure many of you have played it.  There's a penny on a packed mound of flour, and you take turns slicing away at the flour until the penny falls.  The person who caused the penny to fall then has the privilege of fishing it out with their mouth.  It got a little intense, which of course is just another way of saying we had fun with it.  Well, except maybe Ethan, because he didn't get a turn.



I love my family.  And I love this gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)