Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Progress in Three Areas

We made some good progress on the exterior of the house today. I finished caulking the lower windows, and Terral did some more power washing. He also did some painting on the garage. It's amazing how paint can make a building look so much more sound!

I would have liked to work longer than I did, but we had the sister missionaries over for dinner, so I had to stop early to make sure everything was ready for that. It went really well, and I was glad that I felt up to doing it! Not long ago the thought would have overwhelmed me and I may not have felt well enough physically. Yay for the second trimester!

On a rather random note, I've been learning a lot about teeth the past couple days. I love to learn, and I try to be an informed healthcare consumer. We like our dentist as a person, but for some time we haven't been comfortable with the way he does things, so we end up just putting off our visits. I knew which things I disagreed with, but I didn't know what they could be replaced with. Yesterday while reading about a recent WHO report on amalgam, I came across some very interesting information, and I think that we are now on the path to finding a dentist who can help us in a way that we believe will encourage better health overall. It's rather exciting, because it's something that's bothered me for quite a while.

Why is it that someone who finds health such an important and interesting topic can have such a hard time finding/making the time to exercise? *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. You'll have to tell me about what you learned next time we're together. We just went to the dentist recently after an 8 year break so are just "getting into" this dentist thing.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)