Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Busy as a. . .Fox?

I'm happy to say that today was extremely productive. We remembered it was garbage day, so right after breakfast we all went out to the chicken run to clear it of debris and some of the weeds. The previous owners kept their dog there, and it was full of garbage like stuffing from toy animals and chewed up everything. Terral got the big stuff out before we got the chickens, but there was still a bunch of garbage in the corners, and today we cleared most of it out. I think it will take years to get it all. We also got rid of a lot of the stuff left over from the roofing job. I found two black widows while I was removing garbage, and one of them was the biggest I'd ever seen! Luckily Terral was more than willing to kill them for me.

Let's see, what else did I do today? Watered the lawn for the first time, dug around the peach tree and mulched it so it can actually get water, took care of some more branches, folded laundry, cleaned the entire kitchen, washed out the garbage can, put books on the shelves (yay for a more permanent feeling!), went for a walk, read a bit, and did a myriad of other little things. I tell you, I'm beat. But it feels good!

Terral was equally busy. Thanks to his efforts, the volvo is this close to being ready for inspection! And he really warmed my heart when he cleaned the sink, mirror, and toilet while Ethan was taking his bath.

After our very full days, it is definitely time to catch some z's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)