Friday, October 5, 2012

Family, Friends, and Babies

Yesterday, the adventure-loving volvo became officially registered and we drove it down to St. George for a midwife appointment. Baby and I seem to be doing fine. I have finally gained a little bit of weight back. And as usual, we had a nice long discussion with our midwife about various birth-related things.

As we were leaving, we passed someone on the street that looked familiar to me. I craned my neck to check and suddenly said, "Hey! That's my friend Gina!" We were really good friends in middle school, and it's been several years since we'd seen each other. So Terral pulled the car around and we went back and ended up having a really good visit with her. Turns out her husband has worked for Terral's uncle for about seven years, and we had no idea! It was a very fun surprise meeting.

After that, we went to Chris and Heather's house because they were kind enough to be willing to watch Ethan for us while we went to the temple. They said he behaved really well, which is good, because I think he wore Heather out even when he wasn't being tiresome!

Before we went in the temple, I had Terral snap a picture of my much more evident baby bump. 16 1/2 weeks!
 I thought we'd better get one of both of us too. :) Not the best picture of me, but hey, we're happy!
We had a really nice time at the temple. We did sealings, and there was a super nice couple in the room with us. You could just tell by looking at the wife that she was a kind person, and Terral thought the same thing of the husband. Someday I want to be like that—so kind that it just shows in my face. I think I have quite a ways to go, though. The couple was really sweet to each other, too. I found out talking to her later that she has a daughter just a few years younger than me (which I wouldn't have guessed by looking at her). Even though they'd been married that long, their love for each other was still very much in evidence, which is another thing I hope to emulate.

After the temple, Heather and Chris invited us to eat dinner with them. Who could refuse and offer like that? So we had a really yummy meal with good company.

At one point, Heather said that she was ready to meet her baby. Turns out that she got her wish! Little Jaymon Hall was born this morning, and we are very excited for his arrival! He was 5 pounds and 13 ounces, and 19 inches long. I think his mom was about the same size when she was born. :)

1 comment:

  1. Cool to see your gummy and to hear about Heather's baby. Pass on our congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)