Monday, October 15, 2012

Pine Nuts, Take 2

today was an interesteing day. I started out feeling excited about the fun and slightly unusual things planned for this week. Then I progressively got in a worse and worse mood, fighting the urge to do nothing and becoming more and more worried about what needs to get done this week and how we're going to fit it all in. And then there were some things that went wrong that didn't help lighten my mood at all.

But then this evening we went up the mountain again. We didn't leave quite as soon as we'd hoped, so we still ran out of daylight pretty quickly, but we still had a good time. I didn't enjoy it quite as much as I had the night before, but by the end of the night everything was good again. :)

I didn't take very many pictures, but here are a few.

Here is Terral climbing a tree to get some of the pine cones yesterday.
 I realized too late that we were coming up on a really beautiful spot in the road. I took out my camera as fast as I could anyway, and ended up with these two pictures that really don't do it justice.

 Terral's dad came with us tonight, and we brought a little more equipment with us. :)

We ended the evening by starting a campfire and roasting apples on it. Seriously the best roasted apple I've ever had! We had such a nice little time together, and it was fun to listen to Ethan point out all the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)