Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Engineer Cap

As promised, I finished Ethan's hat today. It was a challenging project for me because there were a number of fiddly parts to it. But it's done now, and I love how it looks! Of course there are a number of imperfections, but I'm proud of it all the same. I used this tutorial to make it.



 Ethan, say "happy!"
The unfortunate thing is that Ethan seemed to like the hat so much more while I was making it than now that it's done. I think he doesn't care for the brim. Or maybe it's because I told him not to touch it too many times while it had pins in it.

Later in the day I worked on some other Halloween prep. Ethan woke up from his nap while I was doing a little painting, and of course he was very interested. So I let him do a little painting with water, and then I added some food coloring to make it even more fun. He thoroughly enjoyed it. :)

He was a little reluctant to let me take off his shirt since it was a little chilly, so I turned on the heater for him. This is him telling me it feels nice.
 Hard at work
 Having fun!

It feels so good to be creating a bit again. It's been too long! And it's nice to feel more prepared for Halloween too. :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)