Thursday, May 10, 2012

Patches, Friends, Bikes, and Puddles

Today I took some pictures of Ethan wearing one of the sewing projects I keep mentioning.


These pants were hand-me-downs that came with holes in the knees which naturally only got bigger with use. I finally got some flannel scraps, sewed them behind the hole, and cut off the threads. One of those things I've been meaning to do for a long time.


This evening after dinner, we got a nice surprise. Some friends of ours were out riding their bikes and decided to stop by. Yay! That just doesn't happen enough. Impromptu visits, I mean. I'm all about dropping in on friends when I'm out for a walk or something.

They have a little girl who is a little bit younger than Ethan.

They liked trading stuffed animals. Ethan calls his bears "baby", and the name seems to have particularly stuck to this purple one. (sidenote: that bear was given to me by my roommates for my birthday my freshman year of college.)

There was a random cat that came by and hid under the deck, and the kiddos were pretty entertained watching it for a while.

Whitney and Noah let us test ride their cool bikes. :) Ethan, of course, loved his ride. We have a seat for him (thanks Lynae!), but we haven't bothered hooking it up yet because we haven't gotten around to buying Ethan a helmet. Now that he knows he can ride bikes too, I've a feeling that's gonna scurry up the priority list.


After our friends left, Ethan decided to play in the gutter. I figured what the hey, since it was just about bath time anyway. Oh, the joy of it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)