Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

As I mentioned before, a good part of the day was spent on church duties. I had to prepare for singing time in the morning because I didn't get it done before our camping trip. Things are always a little tricky with Ethan's naptime, and he took rather a long time to go to sleep this morning, which meant time away from some of my preparations. And I needed to be there early because I had some kids singing for the Relief Society as well as during the sacrament program. Even though Terral helped me with some of my prep, something had to give, namely my lunch. Ah well, at least they gave us a chocolate bar for Mother's Day. ;) Everything went well, which made me happy.

When we got home from church, Terral asked me if it was okay for us to get together with the rest of his family for dinner. Of course! Especially since he organized it all and did the cooking. :) Oh, and he made sure to do the dishes when we got home. What a sweetie!

I wanted a picture of our little family for Mother's Day, so I asked the nearest person to snap it for us. Terral said, "Don't ask Chris! You know what happens when you hand him a camera." Well, who could resist a little mischief after a comment like that? Obviously, not Chris.

But he did eventually get around to taking our picture too.

By the way, this is the last picture of my hair this length. I took some clippers to it today.

Maycie and McKade borrowed this fun wagon from someone, and Ethan could not get enough of it. Kaden was good with one ride.


It was a nice little place for him to eat his dinner too. Look at him just lounging there!

 All the crazies. :)

Turns out water bottles were the hot gift this year. Doug bought some camelbaks with filters for Natalie and Heather. And since Ethan has a fetish with all things water and bottle, he kind of took over Heather's for a while.

Ethan started wandering, and suddenly he was leading a whole parade. ;)

He had so much fun on this slide. He really seems to get a kick out of those little rushes of adrenaline. 

Hmmm. . . how did this turn into another Ethan post? Wasn't it supposed to be all about me, the mom? Well, I guess since I'm the one behind the camera, and he's the cute one, it sort of makes sense. Besides, he's the reason I'm blessed enough to carry the title of Mom. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)