Friday, February 3, 2012

Lazy

All week I've been half-heartedly fighting it. It seemed to gain strength as I weakened, and today my lack of motivation pretty well got the better of me. I don't really know if lack of motivation is really the best description. There's kind of a haze that's settled in my brain, and it keeps me from thinking clearly about what needs doing and how best to do it. Adding to the problem is the fact that a book that I've been on the waiting list for became available this week, and I was already in the middle of a series. So whenever I have a moment when I think, "Okay, what should I be doing now?" the books seem so willing to fill up my time.

I think the haze would start to clear up if I could sleep better. Ethan has been doing much better and we've been getting into much more consistent routine *fingers crossed*. But the quality of my sleep still just stinks. I wake up sore all the time. And that's really frustrating because we just bought our mattress last year. I will never again buy a mattress while pregnant.

Looking on the bright side, in spite of the motivation-less haze that's been haunting me, I have managed to accomplish some things every day that help me to feel I'm not a lost cause. Today I went grocery shopping, did laundry, cleaned the kitchen, and. . .hmm. . . I swear there was something else. Shoot. Oh yeah! I crossed off a couple of items that have been weighing down my to-do list for quite some time. That felt good. I also read (quite a bit), played with Ethan, fed Ethan, changed Ethan, and well, you get the picture. All that mommy stuff.

Well, now that I write it all out, it doesn't sound so bad.  I just felt so dang lazy for most of the day. Thanks for this chat today, blog. I feel a little better now.

And in any case, tomorrow is a new day. 

1 comment:

  1. I think it's good to this all the things that did get accomplished to keep that 'lazy me' feeling at bay. We always think we could have done more, but we need to give ourselves credit for doing what we do. This includes playing with our kidsn and teaching them to love books by watching us read. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)