Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Conference and Gathering

This morning was weird because I got out of bed and looked at the clock, and it said 7:54. So not normal for me on a Saturday. But Ethan wasn't sleeping well, and I was awake, so I got up. And I had time to take a bath before I had to leave, which was really nice.  We had a stake Relief Society conference, and I sang in the choir. We sang "Take Time To Be Holy," which is a really beautiful piece. I love the words. They are such a good reminder of what's important. Blaine Yorgason spoke. He is working on a history of the St. George temple right now, and he shared some amazing and very humbling stories that made me very grateful for the comforts I have and eager to go to the temple more frequently. There was a light luncheon afterward, and I got to visit with a lot of ladies from the seventh ward that I don't see very often now that the boundaries are different.

Terral took Ethan on a good walk while I was gone and did some visiting, which they both enjoyed. And when I got back we all did some things we like. Ethan played, Terral worked on a photography idea, and I read. (I finished the book I checked out yesterday. It was pretty good, but not fabulous.)

Then this evening we got together with all of Terral's family and had a combined (belated) birthday dinner for Erin and Doug. We held it in the new Unshoes workshop, which was fun for us. It was nice to have an open area that Ethan could run around in. We had a good time visiting with everyone, and we planned to take a family temple trip soon.

I kept thinking that I must be forgetting something that needed doing. It felt odd to feel so unpressured on a Saturday. But Singing Time was planned, and nothing else was urgent. So we just had nice relaxing Saturday. It's nice to have those every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)