Saturday, February 18, 2012

Hello from Florida

Unfortunately I'm not the one sending greetings from that sunny location. But I am glad that my parents are having a good time visiting their friends. When I talked to my mom on the phone today, I kind of got the feeling that she was enjoying herself more than she expected to, which made me happy. She sent us all an email with snippets of their week, and she gave me permission to share it here.

Dear Family,
Our first week in Florida is coming to a close.Today, Saturday, Dad and Clair have been busy putting in a new window. Last night Dad did a lot of electrical repair and updating.
On Wednesday Clair took us to Blue Spring State Park, a refuge for the endangered Manatee.
(I'm pretty sure I was talking to my mom on the phone when she took this picture.)

It was a great day with a boat ride on St. Johns river sighting alligators, and lots of birds.

On Thursday we did a session in the Orlando Temple. Clair and Janet go every week.

Then Friday was home repairs, a couple of trips to Homedepot, and game playing. Saturday, the same.
We can hardly believe how great it feels to be here when we think, or see pictures of snow in Utah. It's great being with Clair and Janet, they are taking good care of us. It's also great being able to talk with those who have called.
We love you all Dearly! 
Love, Mom and Dad

I'm so glad they are having such a good time! And even though Dad is doing some odd jobs, there is no houseboat in need of constant attention. ;) I hope Mom and Dad both just have a really wonderful time, because they deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)