Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Few Things

Last night at Family Home Evening, my mother-in-law told me that once when she was watching Ethan, there was another little boy over at her house. He's about a month younger than Ethan. Anyway, she had a couple of hot wheels she'd recently bought, and she brought them out for the boys to play with. The other little boy played with his car as most kids do, "driving" it around the floor. But she said that all Ethan wanted to do was fit it back in the package. :) That's my boy. He's very interested in how things work together. Take it out, put it back in. Twist it off, twist it on. Flip the switch. Spin the wheels. Figure out the flip top.  Stir the spoon. Take it apart, put it together.


So far this week, I've pretty well beaten the haze. I've been much more productive, and much more satisfied. Gotta keep chippin' at that to-do list. I've been focusing on Ethan's sleep again the past couple weeks, and it's paying off. We're establishing a rhythm here, and it's very helpful. I tried some of the same things several months ago, but I guess he's just more ready for it now because it's working better. And I've had a few nights of better sleep too. Also very helpful.


Since I felt pretty on top of housework, today I decided to do a little sewing. Most of Ethan's clothes are previously loved. My sister Lisa gave us some jeans that Ethan's been wearing for a little while now. (Thanks again!) One of the pairs was really baggy in the bum, and the snaps kept coming undone.  I don't like to bother with the snaps anyway, so I just sewed along the inside of the legs and took a bigger seam up by the bum. It turned out pretty wonky the first time, so I had to do some unpicking and try again. Much better results the second time, but the crotch area still looked a little funny. Since I'm not a seamstress and I didn't really know how to fix it, I called it good enough and finished it off. I decided they still look better than they did before since they fit him better now.


Over the weekend, we finished our taxes. (Hooray!) I also finished the series of books I mentioned I was reading last week. It was a pretty good series. The author isn't mormon, but she is Christian and the overriding theme is how people get through their trials by relying on God. It made me want to do as Elder Scott advised us last conference and make the scriptures my friends by learning them by heart.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad Ethan is getting a routine down, it is so hard when you don't get the sleep you need! glad to hear also that I'm not the only one who has Hazey days :0)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)