Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Did I mention we were excited?

Well, my voice is still MIA for the most part. There were a couple times today that it almost sounded normal for a sentence or two, but I'm really trying to not talk, so I of course didn't see what the limits were. The first day was rather difficult (it's hard to say anything with authority when you can only whisper), but I've gotten somewhat used to it, and Ethan has too. We've both been signing more, which is cool. Terral's a little too used to it at times. He starts whispering back, and then half-way through the conversation he remembers that he can talk at a normal volume. :)

Back to the topic of Ethan signing, he's still doing really well with signing "potty". In fact, last night he even went to the bathroom door himself and pounded on it to go in! And he did more than just pee in the toilet! It was very exciting. It made up for the fact that he wouldn't go to bed. (And it, along with a late nap he had, explained why he wouldn't.) So in spite of the late hour, we bundled up and went outside for a bit for his reward.


And today, he peed two more times in the potty! Hooray!

Okay, I promise this blog will not turn into a daily log of bowel movements. I'll just record the big stuff. Unfortunately for you, I get to decide what counts as big. ;)

Another exciting thing happened today. We got an awesome package in the mail! On Monday we took a big plunge and signed up for doTERRA and our essential oils came today! And boy, were we eager to start using them. It was heavenly to breathe deep without feeling like I had to cough.

So, yeah. Lotta excitement 'round here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)