Friday, February 10, 2012

Bit o' Sunshine and Callings

The sun came out to play today. Oh, how I love the sun! We had lunch outside to enjoy it. We would have been able to enjoy our lunch a bit more if we didn't have to keep chasing after Ethan. Someday we'll have a yard that isn't covered in dog poop and doesn't have such easy access to the street.Thankfully, I do have a friend with such a yard, and Ethan and I were able to go spend some time over there this afternoon. Ethan learned how to play in mud. He also had fun digging in the lingering patches of snow. Those shoes grandma gave him sure came in handy today!

Terral is gone on a scout camp tonight. It was supposed to be the klondike (snow) camp, but somehow this week, someone decided they should go west of town instead. Terral was pretty disappointed at that. He thinks if you are going to go camping in the winter, you should either go where there is snow, or go south where it's warmer. He seemed to feel better about it today after he decided it would be a good opportunity to do some photography for his senior portfolio.

After I got Ethan to bed, I spent the evening preparing for Singing Time. I'm planning a month at a time now, which is good for the piano player and nice for me because I don't have to come up with something new every week, but each planning session is a bear. It's hard for me to commit to songs (aside from the main one for the month) that far in advance. It is helping though, and I feel much more organized in general. It's hard to believe that I'll be starting my third year in this calling soon. I've learned a lot, and I enjoy it a lot more than I did that first year.

Now I've got to get to bed and hope that Ethan's teething doesn't keep us up too much. Wish us luck. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)