Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Award Banquet

Last night we went to the banquet honoring the winners of the Best Business Idea Competition. While we were there, Ethan had a blast at Grandma and Grandpa Fox's. I didn't get any pictures because I didn't bring my camera, but it was a very nice evening. We really enjoyed ourselves. There were a lot fewer people than I expected, and it was really laid back. We ended up at a table with a couple from Kanab, and they knew my brother-in-law's family. He is an outdoor rec major, and she is studying graphic design, so we had plenty to talk about. :) They were really nice, so we were glad we got to know them.

Terral said my face was pretty amusing when they brought the main course out. The waiter placed a whole side of beef in front of me. That's what it seemed like, anyway. It was a steak that took up almost the whole plate. If you know me, then you probably know that I'm not much of a meat person. I've never been one for steak. I was really at a loss for a moment or two. Then I cut into it, and oh my, it was pink. I was going to trade Terral, but his was even more pink. I decided to try it anyway so it wouldn't go to waste and I wouldn't go home hungry. It actually tasted good! So I quelled my fears and ate quite a bit of it. Luckily, there was a potato and some vegetables too.

It was interesting to see how people were interested in Terral's business. It seemed like he got more questions than anyone. :) There were some other good business ideas, but I was just beaming over my husband. I like his best. Of course we really must give credit where credit is due. We really had no idea what Unshoes would (or will!) become, and we definitely feel that Someone with a better picture of things has been guiding the process along. We are so grateful for our Heavenly Father.

After the banquet, we went to Terral's parents' house to pick up Ethan. We visited for a bit, and while we were there the snow really started to pick up. By the time we went to bed, it looked like this.






Oh, and I've gone and skipped a most important part of our evening. Bath time. Ethan loves it, and here's proof. :)


Hope you all had yourselves a wonderful evening too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)