Thursday, February 2, 2012

Hairdo and Sillies

Terral made cinnamon molasses waffles for dinner yesterday, and we ate them topped with yogurt. Ethan loved them. He got a little creative with his yogurty fingers and used them to try a new hairstyle. I'm not one for fauxhawkes in general, but I thought this one was pretty cute.



Later, he pulled one of his diapers out of the dryer and came into the living room with it on his head, laughing because he knew he was being funny.



Then this morning he came in wearing this "cape". He found my nursing cover and put it on.  He even put his arm through the neck hole.  So funny! This kid never ceases to amaze me.

Speaking of him amazing me, Ethan's latest trick is pointing to your nose when you ask him where it is. It's so exciting to see his communication and understanding increase. Here are some of the words he's said so far: more (he hasn't said this one for a while—it's been replaced by pointing) backpack, vacuum, breakfast, bath time (these four all sound very similar) diaper (added just yesterday), yuck, and two phrases: "What is it?" and "I did it!"

Ethan is at such a fun age right now. His personality is coming through more and more.  He loves to be silly, which is not too surprising when you consider who his parents are. He loves "scaring" us and playing the chasing game.  He's fascinated by the vacuum, and it cracks me up every time I turn it on because he jumps so much. I swear he likes the adrenaline rush. He runs away at first, but then follows me around watching it intently. He also points at it and smiles. Even when it's off, he'll sidle up to it, touch it, and back away quickly.  It's like he's daring himself to touch it. It will be interesting to see what activities he's drawn to as he gets older.  Note to self: make sure Terral teaches him to *get his dumb out the safe way.

*Terral has a theory about this. I'll have to get him to explain it to y'all sometime.

2 comments:

  1. Hearing him talk wasn't quite as cute at 6 am as he was asking for breakfast but still cute nonetheless.

    Another word he just said this morning is "water".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember kids asking for breakfast at 5:30.... good luck with that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)