Friday, June 8, 2012

Word Vomit

I can't seem to settle on any one thing to post about tonight. So many things have been on my mind, and most of them seem important and yet insignificant at the same time. So I suppose I'll revert to the ole type-whatever-you-feel-like-at-the-moment method.

Terral just told me that tonight is the first night it weeks he doesn't feel flooded with emails. Although the current turnaround time for sandals is still longer than we'd like it, things are looking much better now. Even though owning our own business (confession: I really like the sound of "our business") can be quite stressful at times, for us it is very worth it. Terral likes what he does (uber important), we're always learning things, and it's so fun to meet people who are interested to learn about what we do. But most importantly, we feel that this is where God has led us, and that feels so good.

Speaking of feeling good, we were also just discussing how good it feels to have absolutely no travel plans for June. If we take a fancy to do a quick weekend trip, we can, but we don't have have any commitments! Aaaahhh. . .

I'm taking a challenge to washing my face with honey for two weeks. So far so good, but I haven't noticed any major improvements yet. It's only been a couple of days, though.

Terral made yogurt, some with cow milk and some with goat. I really like the vanilla-cinnamon flavored ones! I haven't tried the plain goat yet, but Terral said it's sour like kefir.

Last night as I was trying to fall asleep, I found myself thinking of things like, "I wonder where we can put the kitchen garbage can?" "I hope the water filter is usable." "I'll have to look into the price difference between butcher-block and cement counter tops." And on and on. We don't even have a current offer on the table, folks. But don't worry, I'm keepin' it real. Sort of. Well, honestly I feel that I am, but I know that it wouldn't seem like it to some people. But I might as well record a portion of my thoughts and what's important to me, right? That's kind of the purpose of this blog. To record our life.

It really kind of drives me nuts to feel like I can't express my real thoughts. I'm not just talking about here on the ole blog, but that's kind of what's relevant at the moment. Normally, it's not that big of a problem. I'd like to be a transparent person. And I really haven't minded having a public blog. I like making it easy for people to connect with me. I like people. :) But I've been contemplating making the blog private. As in really private. Like not let anyone read it private. At least for a while. So I can just write for me. For our records. So I don't have to worry about what will so-and-so think if I write such-and-such. So I can be more genuine. Of course, any sort of record only shows a portion of the story, no matter how true it is, but I don't want to limit the picture too much. Lately, I've felt a little too much restraint and not enough connection.

Is there a better term than "word vomit" to describe this type of writing? I think it rather fitting, but also unappealing.

4 comments:

  1. If you went uber-private, I'd miss your posts. I enjoy checking in with old friends, even if it's obviously just a small snapspot of the whole picture going on. There are some fun sites, like LDS Journal, where you can do online journals. They're cool cuz you can easily turn them into a book someday if you want.
    And the title question - a friend of mine does "Sunday Sunshine" - just random snippets of the week's events. Another friend does a "This n' That" post, similiar to this. And my sister does "Randy Randoms." Kindof a weirder title. I call posts like this, "Stuff." Cuz I'm deep and profound like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chelsea. :) It's nice to know I'd be missed. I like catching up with other people too. I'll have to look into that journal site. I just am so sporadic with journaling, but I will blog, and I like having pictures with it and all. Very cool that you can turn it into a book, too.

      And thanks for the title suggestions! I'll have to give it some more thought. :)

      Delete
  2. I have felt like I really want to type up my "true feelings" on my blog, but not let anyone read them until I am dead! Because really aren't the "true feelings" what you love the most and what gives you most guidence in your ancestors journals? Not a recap of each holiday? I am glad that someone feels the same as me. I already know how to use blogger so I am considering starting a "private journal blog", in addition to my "public family journal",that I am the only one who knows the password to. Then I'll leave the password in my will or something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've thought about doing that too, Hillary! I guess I've partly just been too lazy to do it. It seems like a bit of a pain to have things in two separate places. You're comment about leaving the password in your will made me laugh. Not a bad idea!

      Delete

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)