Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

Here we are, more than half-way through June, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that  it's not May anymore. But time doesn't wait for us to catch up to it; it keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin' into the future. . .

And so today we celebrated Father's Day. This morning I gave Terral my home made gift, a foam roller for working out sore muscles after a run, but he had to wait for the store-bought gift. He had a bit of a stressful day, with last-minute responsibilities being thrust on him, but it ended up not being too bad. He says he had a good day. :)

This morning I sang to Terral, and then I told Ethan to go give him a big hug. He did, and the two of them had some really sweet moments. We were extra glad for those moments later when Ethan was being much more of a handful than usual because he never took a nap.

Right now we're just kind of winding down after dinner. Terral and I are taking care of the computer things we needed to, and Ethan is gently playing the piano. Sometimes he is so precise about it. I think it's awesome. Terral brought up his harmonica from the basement the other day, and he showed Ethan how to play it. He loves it, and we love listening to him! It's fun to see them have their bonding activities.

Terral is really such an awesome dad. I love that he loves fatherhood. And I feel so incredibly blessed to have such a worthy priesthood holder to be my partner in parenthood. I love him so much!

And I am so grateful for my own father. It's always so hard to put into words what a parent has done for you. My daddy taught me so much through his actions. I was such a lucky girl to grow up in the family I did. I sure love you, dad!

A righteous man of God has such an influence, not only with his own family, but with so many who come into contact with him. I am amazed by the men in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)