Friday, June 22, 2012

Whack it with a Racket

Well, we have had quite the exciting day around here. More on one of the reasons later. . .

This evening we got together with some of our friends to play tennis. It felt very good for several reasons. One, we actually got together instead of just saying that we need to. Why is it so hard sometimes to do something with people you like? Two, it has been so long since I've played tennis. I was out of practice, but it was sure fun! I wish we had taken advantage of living so close to tennis courts more often. Three, it was really nice to play outside. I don't get out as much as I'd like. Too many of my have to's are inside. Four, it felt so good to do something physical! I love going on walks and being outside with Ethan, but it sure is nice to have some variation and to do more playing instead of watching. And five, Ethan had a lot of fun and I wasn't worried about him wandering off, which increased my enjoyment. Yay for fences! ;)



One of our friends' little boys rode his tricycle there, and Ethan thought it was the coolest thing. Although he did play with the balls, most of the time he was riding around on the trike. He got to where he could handle it pretty well, in spite of being just a bit too short.

 I told Terral to give me his best tennis pose. :)
 And oh, yes, I was there too. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. :)